Tuesday, July 27

A Blast from the Past


Mr. kenju is the fourth from the left on the top row. Recently, a friend  from grammar school contacted him, and sent some photos from first grade. I wonder how many of these boys are still around and what happened to them. Click to enlarge - I hope.


 ***

Pride, like laudanum and other poisonous medicines, is beneficial in small, though injurious in large, quantities. No man who is not pleased with himself, even in a personal sense, can please others.  (italics mine)

Frederick Saunders, librarian and essayist (1807-1902)

***
Will wonders ever cease? Most of the time if I shop for a bathing suit in July, they don't have my size in a suit I'd be caught dead in. Today, I found the perfect top, for which I already own an acceptable bottom half. It wasn't on sale yet. Don't you think all bathing suits ought to go on sale after July 4th? They used to. Well, I bought it anyway and felt very proud of myself for finding it.  It can be worn strapless, and I need that, since at the moment, I have neon white skin under the shoulder strap areas of my current suits. NEON, really. (YES, it is!)


No comments: