Tuesday, May 25


Last Friday I wrote about Angie, who writes at Home Grown; she sent me a packet of her home-ground blue cornmeal, with which I made the best pan of cornbread I've ever had - of any color!

Today I write about her again (and link to her blog) because after she prompted me this morning to watch my mail, I got a large packet of the cornmeal this afternoon - and it is enough to make 6 pans!! I'd be making it tonight if I hadn't already planned dinner. It will definitely be on the menu soon!

If you are unfamiliar with Angie's blog, you owe it to yourself to read there often. Angie is a wonder in all she does, be it raising all manner of animals, planting flower and vegetable gardens or cooking what must be undoubtedly the best meals known to humankind. She does all this while being a good wife and the mother to a houseful of children/teens, and reading lots of books.

Her Christmas decorations are myriad and her ability to paint and decorate and use what she finds is unparalleled. She quilts and sews and cans and preserves and does all the crafty things our grandmothers used to do years ago. You will find her as much of a wonder as I do, so visit, check the archives and you'll no doubt want to bookmark her site for the future.

Again, I think you Angie, for being a good friend.

9 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

I'll go look!!!! Thanks!!!!

Gilly said...

I read Angie's Blog - and felt breathless after reading what she does! She sounds a really wonderful person. I feel very lazy after reading that!! ;)

Bobkat said...

She sounds amazing. I wish I had time to do those things sometimes but will have to contnet myself to buying the produce that people like her make!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

She puts Martha Stewart to shame! Thanks for the link!

Linda said...

I've bookmarked her blog. Thanks for the tip.

LL Cool Joe said...

I will go and check it out now. :)

Angie said...

I just blushed 50,000 shades of red. Thank you, Judy. I think the world of you. You were one of the first blogs I stumble across that was someone 'near' to me. If you count our distance as near. LOL I think you are the same distance from Ga to Va in both places I have lived. One day I am going to get a chance to stop in NC and hug you in person!

oklhdan said...

WOW, Angie's blog is amazing. I can't imagine doing all the things she does. Thanks for the referral!

Unknown said...

Yum. I've heard of blue corn chips and I love them but I've never tried blue cornbread. Must be so yummy!