Saturday, January 23

Notable Quotes + a Birthday

Insane people are always sure that they are fine. It is only the sane people who are willing to admit that they are crazy.

Nora Ephron, novelist (b. 1941)



A beautiful thing is never perfect. (Too bad Heidi Montag doesn't know this)

Egyptian proverb



The animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older and more complete than ours, they move finished and complete, gifted with extension of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren; they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth.

Henry Beston, naturalist and author (1888-1968)

*****

Today is Mr. Kenju's birthday. For three months of the year, I am "a year older" than he. As of today, we are the same age until next October. I'm sure that is exciting news for you.....lol. We are going to his favorite place in Chapel Hill; the Weathervane at A Southern Season, for lunch, with two of our children and our son's family. I'll let you know how it goes.

22 comments:

utenzi said...

Have a Happy Birthday and enjoy many more to come.

Kay Dennison said...

Great quotes and Happy Birthday Mr. K.!!!!!!!! Hope you two have an excellent celebration.

bobbie said...

Have a Happy Birthday, Mr. Kenju!

Gilly said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Kenju!

Mr. G and I have a similar age "range". We are the same age from Noember till March, then he gets older than me!

Enjoy the celebrations!

LL Cool Joe said...

Happy Birthday to your hubbie! I hope you both have a lovely day.

I look forward to hearing how it went. Don't forget the camera!

Granny Annie said...

Happy Birthday to Mr. Kenju! Do you give him flowers also?

Arkansas Patti said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Kenju. At least for now, you are not married to an older woman.
So Judy, in October you turn into a cougar? Your dual roles must be fun.
Love Nora Ephron.

sage said...

May Mr. K have a happy birthday... It's amazing that someone from Georgetown has a favorite place in Chapel Hill. Maybe time does heal old wounds.:)

db grin said...

happy birthday mr kenju! Many more to you.

Pat said...

Best wishes to Mr Kenju. I once had a serious boy friend who was eleven years my junior and I remember mentally embracing September when we would be a year closer.

Bobkat said...

That first quote is so true!

Wishing Mr Kenju a wonderful birthday. Hope you lunch was lovely.

Beverly said...

Happy birthday to your Mr. Kenju. Have a good lunch.

Betty said...

Happy Birthday to Mr. Kenju! Have fun today.

srp said...

Happy Birthday... Mr. Kenju..... have a wonderful day.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOVE the quotes, Judy...!
And a Very Very Happy Birthday to Mr. Kenju...! I hope his day is a WONDERFUL one!

Joy Des Jardins said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Mr. K.....have a wonderful day. Cheers!

Ginnie said...

Happy Birthday Mr Kenju! I hope you had as good a luncheon as the one we all had in Pinehurst.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Hope he has a wonderful birthday! Enjoy the family time. :-)

robin andrea said...

Happy birthday to Mr. Kenju. Hope the lunch festivities were grand!

Star said...

Happy Birthday Mr Kenju. Will your camera make it out of your purse?

Looking to the Stars said...

Good quotes. Happy B-day to your hubby (I am older than my husband but I'm not telling how much LOL)

Grannymar said...

Since I am working backwards, I know you had a good Birthday lunch. It sounded great.

I have stolen one of your quotes for today since I am running on blank!!