Sunday, January 24

The Birthday Bash

was very nice. We had lunch at The Weathervane restaurant in A Southern Season (specialty foods store) in Chapel Hill, otherwise known as Blue Heaven in these parts.

The camera is messed up again, and I have no idea how it happened. I'll have to take it back to the camera shop soon. I took 5-6 pix and only 3 of them showed up on the memory card, and those were dark and grainy. They'll peg me as that "old lady who can't keep her camera settings correct."

One of our daughters, our son and his family and the two of us gathered in celebration of mr. kenju's birthday. The fare ranged from broccoli and cheese quiche with butternut squash soup, to eggs Benedict, Caesar salad with grilled chicken, a breakfast quesadilla, pancakes, a fried-green tomato sandwich and my plate - which was French toast with berry and fig compote. It was very tasty, and they serve some of the best decaf coffee I've ever had.

As much as we like that place, I don't think we'll ever go back on Saturday again. It was crawling with what felt like hundreds of people, making it hard to navigate the aisles of the shop. They were out of my favorite chocolate bars with sea salt, but mr. kenju found his favorite almond bark. Our daughter in law had never been there before (which is odd, since she went to UNC for both her undergrad and grad degrees), so we walked around and checked it all out. Since I have posted photos of that store before, I didn't try to take any today. They wouldn't have turned out anyway, so it's just as well.

Thanks to everyone who left birthday greetings for mr. kenju yesterday - we both appreciated them!

11 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

I'm sooooooo glad that y'all had a nice party!!!!!! Hope you get your camera fixed quick!

Grannymar said...

I hope the camera is not too sick. The Birthday lunch sounded yummy, I am drooling while reading it.

Pat said...

Chocolate bars with sea salt sound interesting.

Star said...

That's okay. I have a yummy mental picture.I find the older I get, the less tolerant I am of crowds. I try to do things on my Wedneday Off.

Joy Des Jardins said...

Sorry about your camera Judy...but your birthday lunch for Mr. K sounded wonderful. Glad you had such a good time. Happy Sunday sweetie... Hugs, Joy

Tracie Nall said...

You have now made me officially hungry!!

Hope everything works out with the camera.

srp said...

Sea salt has less sodium than table salt so the chocolate should be better for you.... at least that is the story I'm sticking too! ;)

colleen said...

I was at a crowded restaurant last night too. A new one in Floyd. I did get a couple photos. So, Happy birthday to you? !!

Kenju, can you tell Tabor that I can't comment on her blog because she has no non-blogger/google option and they are asking for my mobile phone number. I don't have a mobile phone!

Looking to the Stars said...

Glad you had a nice time. Food sounded yummy :)

Camera's are always giving me a headache. I'm not very good at picture taking. Hope you get your camera fixed soon, you take very good pics :)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Your food sounds so good. My food sounds dull compared to this. Happy for a family time for you. Sorry about the camera.

Chancy said...

Happy belated birthday to Mr K.

My grand daughter(one of them) had her 11th birthday this past Friday January 22. Her 13 year old brother and family had an early morning scavenger hunt for her to find her presents. At 6:30 AM and before school. We saw the video and she had breakfast in bed (pancakes with a candle) It was an all day celebration.

Ask Mr K if he wants such a celebration next year

Kidding of course :)