Tuesday, December 29

Notable Quotes +

And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence.

Bertrand Russell, philosopher, mathematician, author, Nobel laureate (1872-1970)

***

"The longer I live, the more convinced I become that other planets are using Earth as an insane asylum."

George Bernard Shaw

***

The real index of civilization is when people are kinder than they need to be.

Louis de Berniere, novelist (b. 1954)


***


Here's a very interesting menu I saw on Ephemeral New York.
You'll like it! The prices can't be beat!


And another link, about palindromes: January 2 is one!


***

Do you get tired (as I do) of repeating yourself? I have told mr. kenju many,many times what to do for his headaches, congestion and other nasal symptoms, until I am blue in the face. Does he listen??

Today at the doctor's office, he broached the subject with the doc. Guess what the directive was? The same thing I've been telling him for at least 2 years: use saline nasal spray four times per day, two sprays per nostril. (Picture me hitting my head against a brick wall? I might as well have.)


9 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

Great quotes!!!!!

As to Mr. K., you don't have 'M.D.' after your name. God knows if men listened to their wives, I might still be married.

Gilly said...

Oh Judy, I had to laugh at you and Mr. Kenju and the Dr.!! I've been there, done that, and finally got him to go to the Dr. and what did he find? high blood pressure and load more other things, PLUS to do all the things I;ve been telling him for the last 10 years!!!

Men!!!

Tabor said...

Love those quotes as I had not heard them before. Words to live by. My husband says that his hearing is not going, it just he doesn't focus any more!

Anonymous said...

If my years on earth have taught me nothing else, they have taught me that: 1) women believe what men say, more than is warranted, 2) men believe what women say, less than is warranted - whether there is an MD, a PhD, or anything else after her name. As with Kay, HH and I might not have been divorced for 11 years if the two statements were untrue. It's enough to make a woman spitting mad! (Or...at least this woman.)

Cop Car

Granny Annie said...

Actually I picture you hitting Mr.Kenju in the back of his head with a brick! Why do we even bother to talk to them?

"The longer I live, the move convinced I become that other planets are using Earth as an insane asylum." George Bernard Shaw had it right.

robin andrea said...

Really great quotes.

Men and health issues... mmm... one of our regular discussion topics here at home. It must be something about that "y" chromosome.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

The Evil Twin is the same - he'd rather sit around and moan about a headache as opposed to taking something for it!

Michael K. Althouse said...

I love this one: "The longer I live, the more convinced I become that other planets are using Earth as an insane asylum."

George Bernard Shaw


Priceless!

Happy New Year, Judy!

Word verification: gonamist

Sounds like a decent profession!

Shephard said...

...we have started using a Neti Pot too... I balked for the longest time, but the effects are always noticeable. It has the same saline effect. :)

I love the 1st quote. :)
~S