Sunday, December 27

Caption This!


















Thanks to all the good sports who offered captions. There is a good story behind this photo. These two guys went to college together and have remained fast friends over the years. One of them is a retired eye-doctor (the comment about eye-surgery made me laugh! ) and the other one is a former governor of a state that shall remain unnamed here.

They devised this idea for Christmas cards many years ago, and every year without fail, they have a photo made of themselves in various costumes and scenes, although the one on the right always wears the bib-overalls and the brown jacket. He is married to my cousin, and we began receiving the cards about 4-5 years ago, although they had done it for many years. They keep a photo album of all the cards and it is a sight to behold.

If I can find the ones I have from previous years, I'll post all of them someday. I think I like this one the best.

12 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

Avast!!!! We want all your cargo and your ship!

Tabor said...

Johnny Depp Look a-likes?

Gilly said...

And a more villainous pair I never saw!!

kenju said...

Gilly, they would get a real kick out of that statement!!

I'll be back later to explain the photo.

LZ Blogger said...

Judy ~ How about this as a caption? "If Dick Cheney can do it... so can we!" ~ I hope you had a Merry Christmas! ~ jb///

Sky said...

"2 guys post cataract surgery trying to make the best of an eye patch recovery day - boys will be boys, and men will be, too!"

LL Cool Joe said...

I think the conversation would be:

"How come come I get to wear the stupid orange hat that's too small and you get to wear the proper pirates hat?"

"You told me you were more interested in being colour co-ordinated and then having a hat with a feather. Anyway, stop moaning, I'm more worried about how we are going to get this boat ashore without any oars."

amarkonmywall said...

"Soupy Sales! Pleased to meet you, Mr. Green Jeans!"

Sage said...

They're not very scary--I wouldn't worry about the shooting of the guy with the gun--he's holding it as if he'd be sighting with his right eye, the one that's covered.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I'm so bad at this Judy....I haven't got a thought in my head...lol!

Anonymous said...

"If I sight with my LEFT eye, and you sight with your RIGHT eye, we should get 'em dead center!"

Hale McKay said...

Aarrrgh! That seagull just got me in me good eye!

Judy, may you and Ken have a Happy New Year, as well as a belated Merry Christmas.