Wednesday, December 30

Yo Tengo.....

"Yo tengo un dolor de estomago" is one of the first phrases I learned in tenth grade Spanish class and one that has stuck with me all these years. I had reason to remember it on Sunday; waking up with a stomach ache is no fun and something I don't experience often. Jumpy, nervous stomach....yes. Pain....no. But this time was different. I ate some breakfast anyway and settled in my chair to read the newspaper and watch cbs Sunday Morning. I promptly fell asleep again and napped for over three hours! I awoke and was immediately aware of hunger, but being afraid to eat anything, I drank a C*ke to settle my stomach. That cured me for the time being.

My daughter and I went to see "It's Complicated", during which I ate popcorn with no trouble. I heartily recommend the movie; a light, funny romantic comedy with excellent performances by Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin.

Afterward, mr. kenju and I went to our favorite Mexican place for dinner. After having that sentence run through my consciousness all day, I had to carry it to completion. The chicken chimichanga (no crema, no guacamole) was excellent, as usual, and put the capper on what turned out to be a pretty good day. And so far? No repercussions, stomach-wise. Maybe it was a virus.

13 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

No guacamole? Gotta have gucamole!

Gilly said...

Ugh! Join the club!

LL Cool Joe said...

Sounds like a good day! I'll pass on the light romantic comedy thanks, but would love the mexican food.

Glad your stomach ache didn't last too long!

Jay said...

Oh, I really want to see that movie. Looks sweet. Glad your stomach was up to the task.

bobbie said...

I remember practically nothing of high school Spanish, except some popular songs that I translated into the language. But my daughter is fluent in it, and I do occasionally pick up words or phrases from her.

I'm glad your tummy is treating you better now.

The movie looks interesting, but I hesitate to see anything with Alec in it. Those 4 boys and my son were about the same age, and they were so obnoxious as teenagers, I can't make myself go see them on the screen.

Arkansas Patti said...

Dang, I was holding my breath on that one. So glad everything stayed in its proper place and that the pain is gone.
This is the second Spanish theme today and all I know are curse words. Rats.

robin andrea said...

I've been thinking about going to see "It's Complicated"-- Glad you did and liked it. Also glad you're stomach ache resolved.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I think Mexican food is good for the tummy. It always makes me feel better!

Joy Des Jardins said...

What a nice day Judy. I'd like to see that movie too...thanks for the recommendation. Happy New Year to you sweetie...

Chancy said...

Glad you are OK. Seems you are a real trooper

Looking to the Stars said...

Glad your tummy got better. You have a great memory, all I remember from spanish class is "how are you" and I don't even remember how to spell it :)

amarkonmywall said...

I'm glad your stomach is no longer sad. Good Mexican food would make my stomach happy right about now. I miss the fine ethnic restaurants in Chicago. Nada here in St. Pete.

colleen said...

Yo tango dos ehos is the only sentence I can say in Spanish.

I want to see that movie!