Wednesday, September 7

I have been receiving notices that my blog is "an attack site". It says it comes from google, and that my blog has been reported "once" in the last 90 days.

After I saw that (it even did it to me), I ran my malware and virus software, and NOTHING was found.

The second time I saw the warning, I followed it to its conclusion. It wanted me to pay $100 for software to prevent this from happening. The same thing happened on two blogs I visit regularly.

It is my belief that that warning is a scam to try and get me to pay for something I don't need.

I have no idea how this happens, and I will do the best I can to get to the bottom of it.

7 comments:

Granny Annie said...

I by-passed the warning to get in here. Reading about it, I was told that someone could have placed this on your blog without your knowledge. Anyway, here I am:) Yep, sounds like scamming for dollars.

Arkansas Patti said...

I haven't seen it here but I do have a Blog I visit where my virus protector flashes warnings and then deletes the repeated attacks. I warned the guy but it still keeps happening. Weird people out there.

MissDazey said...

Like Granny Annie I by passed it. I wonder if blogger.com people know about it?

Nancy said...

Hi Judy,

I didn't see any warning but this reminds me of something that happens here all the time.

We have RADON gas in the ground in Pennsylvania. There are companies that will get rid of it from your house. Call immediately!

Now you can't see Radon or smell it or feel it or see any effects of it BUT this guy will come to your house and get rid of it for you for only $100.00..

It reminds me of the promotion they had recently at our local gas station. To get you to come in they were giving away FREE INVISIBLE FISH....The place was jammed!

Peter said...

I'm here after ignoring the warning...AAARRRRGGGAAEE, just kidding

Joy Des Jardins said...

I didn't see a warning Judy; but Peter did because he asked me about it on my blog. I see that he left a comment, so I guess he decided to be brave and ignore it. Honestly, if someone placed this warning on your blog...they should be hung. Don't people have better things to do that cause problems for other people?

Pat said...

I'm even getting the warning when going from your latest post to an older one.
This isn't just a nuisance Judy - it is criminal and IMO should be reported to the highest authority.