Friday, April 9

Not to Put Too Fine a Point on It, But.....

The amount of pollen is HORRENDOUS this year! The last time I showed you these frogs, I thought there was a lot of pollen, but now it is as thick as flour, only yellow. The photo below shows the glass-topped table after I removed the frogs. Yuck. No wonder everyone has headaches and runny noses!




































Our large glass-topped umbrella table is so thick with it you can barely see the table supports, and the pool cover and water tube - believe it or not - are jet black. You'd never know it by this photo, would you? I drew the smiley face to show you the color difference. On the lower left, there's some sort of animal footprint. A raccoon, maybe?

As much as I decry the pollen, I have to brag on the wisteria this year. I haven't gotten photos yet, but it is so gorgeous this year; plump lavender blooms hang gracefully and sway in the breeze, and in some places, the blossoms are so thick they appear to be a solid mass. I'll take photos as soon as I can find some in a place where I can stop and get the camera out. (Don't ask me why that is underlined up there - I have no idea, as usual).

***

I will be working today and tomorrow, so commenting may be scarce. I am having trouble making comments lately; it takes for.ev.er for some blog's comment boxes to open, and by the time I click on over 100 blog posts nearly everyday, if I have to wait more than 7-8 seconds for the comment box, I give up, unless it is an imperative (in my mind) comment.

15 comments:

tiff said...

Oh the wisteria - a perfect balm for the misery of pine pollen!!!

kenju said...

Makes life worth living, doesn't it? In some places it is so gorgeous that I am nearly overcome!

Gilly said...

That pollen is horrendous! You must have a lot of pines!

And you've got wisteria already!!

Pat said...

The pollen is incredible. No wonder people have allergies.
I envy your wistaria.

Tabor said...

I drove to the city yesterday and along the highway walls hung ropes of wisteria. So lovely. We also have enough pollen to dust a football field.

Granny Annie said...

Congratulations for winning first place in the Pollen Accumulation contest.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

The pollen here isn't that bad....yet.

Olga said...

We noticed the pollen covered cars driving through North Carolina last week, but I have never seen anything like the accumulation in your photos. God bless me, I sneexed just looking at them.

Grannymar said...

I have never seen a pollen coverage like that before. I hope it clears up very soon.

Looking to the Stars said...

Wow, that is intense. It must be bad here in the Springs too, because my sinuses are full blown.

You have a good one :)

Unknown said...

Sorry about the pollen, but I'm so looking forward to photos of the wisteria.

srp said...

Please show what the wisteria is growing on... I am trying to get some started on our trellis. I do have the American variety that doesn't go crazy but still have some trepidation... but I really, really, really love those blooms.

Maria said...

I love wisteria. One of my neighbors has it all across the top of her garage door. So beautiful.

Hate the pollen!

Tracie Nall said...

The pollen has been terrible here too! My husband cuts trees, and this is the first year he has had allergies.....HUGE allergies! He came home tonight with completely yellow shoes, socks and legs - covered in pollen.

I've been having the same problem with comment boxes opening slowly lately.

Greta said...

We're drinking coffee from a pollen-covered coffee machine since it is in front of the open screened window!