Saturday, February 6

A Leap ~ into the Movies


Our group of "ladies who go to movies" went to see Leap Year today. It is well-made, the scenery is a feast for the eyes and although a bit predictable, it's fun and enjoyable.

I was familiar with Amy Adams, but I'd never seen Matthew Goode before. I predict he will have a good future in films. The camera loves him and his acting is very believable. Let's just say that Amy's character made the right choice!

This is definitely a "chick flick"; so gather a group of girlfriends and go. Afterward, we went to the Poppyseed Market and had a glass of wine with some cheese and crackers. It was a very enjoyable, though rainy, afternoon. In fact, if you have an ark just sitting around, we'd like to borrow it for a while - say 40 days?

10 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I was reading about the snowstorem and thought of you..I hope it hasn't been too bad where you are....! It sounds like a devil of a storm---they are calling it "Snowmergeddon"....!

BTW: Mathew Goode has done quite a lot already...Right now he is in "A SINGLE MAN", and he did the NEW Version of "Brideshead Revisited" and he was also in a Woody Allen picture--the name of which eludes me....So you are correct, and he is already having a wonderful career. I first saw him in a film with Mandy Moore--about 4 years ago---where she played The Presidents daughter...(Can't think of the name of that one either...oy) And he was very good in that and I too thought then, he is going to have a great career...! And he is!
This film solunds like fun!

Pat said...

Nice to have some girly time isn't it?

Granny Annie said...

I am so jealous. First, I don't have a group of lady friends in this town and second, we don't have a theater in this town.

LL Cool Joe said...

Glad you a had a fun time. I want to see the film Precious but I never get to the cinema these days.

Arkansas Patti said...

Will have to have Netflix save that one for me. I love "chick flicks." Oh that's right, I am a chick, a little old and rubbery but still a chick.

Grannymar said...

Somehow watching a Movie at home is never the same as going out in a group to see one.

Now who can I organise to come with me.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I am like Grannie Annie - envious.
I have moved to the woods and no group of ladies around - or even one - that would like to go to the movies with me.

robin andrea said...

I'm so out of it, I've never even heard of this movie. Thank you for the review. I'm going to look this one up.

Rain here too... How big of an ark will we all need?

Darlene said...

I have to watch all of my movies on DVD. It has been years since I was in a theater. I think I will put this one on my Netflix list, but I don't want to see Precious after reading about it.

Lynn said...

I totally will - thanks for the recommendation.