Saturday, October 24

True Friendship


1. When you are sad, I will jump on the person who made you sad like a spider monkey jacked up on Mountain Dew!!!

2. When you are blue, I will try to

dislodge whatever is choking you.

3. When you smile, I will know you are

plotting something that I must be

involved in.

4. When you're scared, we will high

tail it out of here...
5. When you are worried, I will tell

you horrible stories about how much

worse it could be until you quit

whining, ya’ big baby!!!!

6. When you are confused, I will use

little words.

7. When you are sick, stay away

from me until you are well again.

I don't want whatever you have.....

8. When you fall, I'll pick you up

and dust you off, after I laugh!


9. This is my oath... I pledge it to

the end.

'Why?' you may ask; because you are my FRIEND!



I hope the email above fits the available space on my blog, because I surely do not want to change it all again!


A true friend of mine took me out to brunch on Saturday, at Brio, to celebrate my birthday (the 30th). I like to celebrate them well, and starting a week early - and going 10-20 days after - is often done. If you have a Brio nearby, I'd suggest the French Toast with berries - and I'd be sure to go very hungry!! It is the best French toast I've ever had (and mr. kenju said the same thing about the left-overs I brought back for him) and the service was excellent today.


13 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!! That is definitely a true friend!!!!

Brio sounds excellent!!!!

Shiny Rod said...

A creed I live by when I call someone friend. Missed you at the Oktoberfest. I won 4 free tickets to next years celebration.

Grannymar said...

A True friend is like Gold dust!

Belated Happy Birthday Judy. I like your idea of celebrating.

joared said...

Reads like you can count on that friend for everything that matters.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Glad you had a nice birthday lunch - I celebrate for while too! :-)

srp said...

Happy Birthday.... errrr... Anniversary of your Birthday.... Soon I will have to start celebrating the anniversary of my anniversary of my birthday... or just stop.

Pat said...

I love the 'When yo are confused I'll use little words'
Makes me laugh:)
Happy Happy! You're getting younger every year.

LL Cool Joe said...

Good friends are hard to find. I'm glad you've found some! Glad you had a good time I remembered to give hubbie some left overs too!

oklhdan said...

Sounds like the perfect celebration! I love French toast and that sounds yummy!

Joy Des Jardins said...

What a wonderful birthday lunch Judy...and an awesome friend. Congrats sweetie....Cheers!

Michael K. Althouse said...

I like that. It's sentimental without bring sappy. Sounds like my friends, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Taking a short break from my reading - here from Tanya's today.

Mike

Arkansas Patti said...

Happy Birthday Judy. Gosh, are you sure you are 30??? You look much younger.
Way to celebrate.

jeanmac said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like a perfect celebration.