Sunday, October 25

Quotes + A Few Questions

"It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument."

William G. McAdoo, lawyer and politician (1863-1941)

So, what happens when two ignorant men get into an argument?Do they agree to disagree?

I wish I'd had this quote when my old friend quit emailing me several weeks ago because I didn't welcome his diatribes on Obama and the current administration. Of course, he'd turn it back around on me, I'm sure.....LOL

///""\\\

Why is it that a 12 ounce can of beer lasts longer than a 12 ounce bottle of beer?

Why is it that men won't listen to a suggestion from you until they have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt their original idea doesn't work?

Why is it so hard to type when you have a cat with two paws pulling on your wrist, hoping to get petted?

Why is it that just after you start the dishwasher, you discover another spoon or plate hiding in another room? Ditto for dirty clothing when you've started the washer.

And finally, who wrote the Book of Love?


15 comments:

Grannymar said...

Was it Warren Davis, George Malone and Charles Patrick? I cheated and searched.... did I do it properly?

Now it is back to sleep since it is only 04.05 hours here right now!

kenju said...

Grannymar, I don't know who those men are, but they are as good a guess as any! LOL

Arkansas Patti said...

Don't have a dishwasher, unless you count my two hands, but I invariably pull the drain plug to find I forgot the fry pan. Arrgh.

LL Cool Joe said...

I agree with the beer quote! I tend to try and avoid gender specific quotes though because I don't think men and women fit into 2 neat boxes.

sage said...

there's a book of love?

Pat said...

It must have been written by a woman - or a man who thinks like s woman.

themom said...

I must have missed The Book of Love...no Cliff Notes either. LOL.

Shiny Rod said...

I have one sock that when I find it and wash it, it disappears again...

rosemary said...

I think the Book of Love is a work of fiction.

utenzi said...

Bottled stuff tastes better so you drink it faster. IMHO.

Anonymous said...

I love that quote on top. How true it is.

Darlene said...

I love that ;quote and wish I had it when I was in a running argument with a very right wing nutcase.

You are so right, though. He would turn it back on me, ignorant fool that he is. ;-)

Carolyn said...

Thanks for the Birthday wishes Judy! We went to Williamsburg for the weekend and had a great time :-)

Hale McKay said...

The book of love is one large continuous compilation of entries made every moment of everyday. We all have our chapters.

Jen said...

LOL @ the kitty. Mine shoves the laptop aside so he can crawl in my lap.