Monday, November 24

Behold! + Pie + New Definitions!


BEHOLD!! Here I stand with the great and wonderful wizard......no, it's Roxanne of Melange - who doesn't post often enough lately, but promises to try and get back to it soon. It was a special treat to meet her and share an afternoon of gabbing over oyster (mine) and fish (hers) sandwiches, and she crab soup, at Rudee's in Virginia Beach. I know that seeing this photo will make some of you envious!! Sorry, Beverly. Maybe some day we can drive up there together and do it again. And Vicki? The same offer is extended to you! Wouldn't we all have fun together?!


This is the receipt from our family dinner the night before. The Jewish Mother restaurant is an institution in Virginia Beach; it has been there since we started going there in the 60's, and maybe before that.

Our granddaughter's split a piece of pie and we were laughing at the way it was listed on the receipt: peanut butt pie. They will probably never order that again! LOL


[[[[[]]]]][[[[[]]]]]


New comment word verifications seen in the last few weeks seem to be coining new words, after months of nonsensical groupings of letters chosen only for their ability to confuse people!

I think most of these could be new, useful words, if only we knew what they meant. You guys are wonderfully smart and creative, so tell me your best definitions for any or all of these:

varnenta

depingli

prignisp

pedsto

sciasox

pingshi

fideque

tousist

wanclina

gosmulan

uningi

23 comments:

Mahala said...

I never ate at the Jewish Mother, but I know EXACTLY where it is! Back before it was illegal to cruise the strip, that was the landmark where we'd meet up :)

Kay Dennison said...

Sounds like a great place! Glad you had such a nice time!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Peanut Butt Pie! LOL. See, I truly do have the sense of humor of a 5 year old! I can't wait 'til you come back here to visit and I get to see you again. :-)

Beverly said...

I can't believe you actually got together with Roxanne. I am so envious!!! And, yes, we must do that sometime...maybe in April when I go up to Virginia...

As for the word verification, those are great, and I'm sure that someone will have some great definitions. I'll have to think about them...not very creative.

Mojo said...

Well... "pingshi" and "uningi" sound like something on the menu at a Japanese restaurant.

But I'm intrigues by the one I'moging to have to type to publish this comment: "amnium", which from the sound of it is some kind of sleep aid for expectant mothers.

"Ask your doctor if Amnium is right for you!"

Bear Naked said...

*pedsto*
What every woman wants to be put on by the love of her life.

Bear((( )))

srp said...

Arrrgh! Again I know why I never like to get in a picture! Glad to see you have made it back safely... did you find the $1.55 gas? Another 8 hour day at the hospital... I have no idea when Mom will actually get out of there and to the rehab hip place.


Word verification here... arkil........ a sick boat... either a really sick boat or a really big sick boat! Or I suppose it could be a miniature ardvark.... arkil.

JeanMac said...

Lovely picture of you two.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have joined you all.

Thank you Kenju, for being so supportive of me on the new blog I've been posting at. Very sweet.

You are beautiful.

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Ha...the comment you left about last night is so funny! Have your DH and daughter forgiven you, yet? I can just see you frantically looking for a volume buttom as Andy Williams is singing "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" at the top of his lungs! :-) BTW, congrats on meeting your "blog" friend. I've had that priviledge 3 different times and it was wonderful! Susan

Rick Rockhill said...

How fun! I went to check them out on the web too, what a fun place

Anonymous said...

Judy it is now my turn to say how elegant you look, as does Roxanne.

Blogger meet-ups are fun and so easy. I think it is because we know each other from the inside already.

bobbie said...

I love some of the word verifications that I can see. But why are some of their letters so twisted and crammed together that it is almost impossible to decipher them? Sometimes I can't, and have to do it all over with another one.

tiff said...

Yay for meeting new/old friends!

Add 'stirl' to your list of comment verifications. If that's NOT a real word, it ought to be.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh that was a GREAT GREAT Treat! I love Roxane....! And I love the way she writes and I miss her posts....These last two were so sad because of the loss of her dog and then her beloved cat, too!
I know you all had a WONDERFUL time, Judy.....!

WOW! That restaurant sounds quite wonderful!

Pat said...

What fun! You lucky gel!
sciasox - socks you wear for ski-ing. Obviously:)

awareness said...

I think it's wonderful when two blogger friends share an afternoon in the real world together.

Fran aka Redondowriter said...

Well, I hadn't noticed those word verifications actually being words. The one below is fixmenes. Hmm. First thought--fix men before they try to fix me.

rosemary said...

I noticed the same thing about the WV.....I have a small collection. Either the robot or the programmer is having a little fun.

Beverly said...

Which one is you???

My word is stersubb....

some time every rose seems ubb???

kenju said...

I am on the right - the taller one.

poopie said...

OMG! You and Roxanne in the same pic...love it.

Paul Nichols said...

Two beautiful women. I think that's the first picture I've ever seen of Nyssa's mom. You have a one-of-a-kind treasure. Treasure it.

Thanks for sharing.