Who Knew??? (I can't vouch for any of these, but some may be worth a try, although I'd use a cheaper brand!)
1. To remove a bandage painlessly, saturate the bandage with vodka. The stuff dissolves adhesive. (Only a baby would need this, right? Or a man.....lol)
2. To clean the caulking around bathtubs and showers, fill a trigger-spray bottle with vodka, spray the caulking, let set five minutes and wash clean. The alcohol in the vodka kills mold and mildew. (Why wouldn't rubbing alcohol work?)
3. To clean your eyeglasses, simply wipe the lenses with a soft, clean cloth dampened with vodka. The alcohol in the vodka cleans the glass and kills germs. (window cleaner is cheaper!)
4. Prolong the life of razors by filling a cup with vodka and letting your safety razor blade soak in the alcohol after shaving. The vodka disinfects the blade and prevents rusting.
5. Spray vodka on wine stains, scrub with a brush, and then blot dry.
6. Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face as an astringent to cleanse the skin and tighten pores.
7. Add a jigger of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo. The alcohol cleanses the scalp, removes toxins from hair, and stimulates the growth of healthy hair. (If you put it on your hair and face, wouldn't you smell like a drunk?)
8. Fill a sixteen-ounce trigger-spray bottle with vodka and spray bees or wasps to kill them. (Please don't kill bees.....but wasps......yes!)
9. Pour one-half cup vodka and one-half cup water into a Ziploc freezer bag and freeze for a slushy, refreshing ice pack for aches, pain or black eyes.
10. Fill a clean, used mayonnaise jar with freshly packed lavender flowers, fill the jar with vodka, seal the lid tightly and set in the sun for three days. Strain liquid through a coffee filter, then apply the tincture to aches and pains.
11. To relieve a fever, use a washcloth to rub vodka on your chest and back as a liniment.
12. To cure foot odor, wash your feet with vodka. (I wish I had known this when mr. kenju and our son were younger!)
13. Vodka will disinfect and alleviate a jellyfish sting. (Knowing that would have come in very handy!)
14. Pour vodka over an area affected with poison ivy to remove the urushiol oil from your skin. (This too!)
15. Swish a shot of vodka over an aching tooth. Allow your gums to absorb some of the alcohol to numb the pain.
And silly me! I've only been drinking the stuff. (well, not really....LOL. I got this in email)