Sunday, August 19

Pictures from the Weddings on 8-18



A gardenia corsage, with wax flower and loops of bear grass. I did this. The two weddings and a 50th anniversary party last weekend were all my boss's (Mel Day, Dogwood Tree Florals) jobs. I do all the corsages, boutonnieres, kissing balls and flower girl hair pieces (which I refer to as haloes), and some of the arrangements, and Mel and the other designers do most of the larger arrangements and bouquets. This first wedding was all white and green.

A cymbidium boutonniere, with green hypericum and bear grass. I did this too.

A tall centerpiece, used on four of the guest's tables at the reception, which was held at the Washington-Duke Inn in Durham. I did not do these, or any of the rest.


Bar centerpieces. Each table had a slightly different setting.


A short centerpiece, used on the rest of the tables at the reception.


An example of an arrangement on the tall (stand-up) cocktail tables; each one was slightly different. This one consisted of a lime, a cymbidium orchid, dendrobium orchid buds, and a chocolate cosmos blossom in the vase with the lime.


The second wedding was all red, and stupidly, I forgot to take my camera when we delivered it. I hope Mel remembers to send some of his photos to me, because Brier Creek Country Club never looked better! I did take photos of all the red flowers before we started pulling from the buckets - it was a magnificent array - believe me!(The orange flowers in one photo were used for a rehearsal dinner the night before.)



The room was set up with dark red crushed silk tablecloths to the floor. The chairs were burgundy. The tables had clear glass charger plates (with glass balls all around the outer edges), 2 clear wine glasses and a ruby-red stemmed water glass. There were votive candle holders made of silver, with holes in them, and in those holes were crystal beads, as well as many clear glass votive holders. We placed 3-4 different types of centerpieces on the tables, some tall and some medium-height. I really hope I can get some pics to show you, though I doubt they will do it justice. It was magnificent.


















16 comments:

Beverly said...

It's nice to see your handiwork again. I'll bet you were tired when the weekend was over.

Diane Mandy said...

Stunning!

Anonymous said...

Michele sent me to tell you that your arrangements are absolutely gorgeous!!

Mom said...

Beautiful. Flowers are so wonderful and they look stunning.

Rick Lee said...

Wow... beautiful stuff.

sonia a. mascaro said...

Just beautiful! Stunning, Judy!

Have a good week ahead!

utenzi said...

Pretty flowers, Judy. I hope you're recovering from your return to work.

Eddie said...

You are so good!

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Great stuff, Ms. Flower Girl. That boutonerre (sp?) is TERRIFIC.

Chancy said...

Lovely I especially like the green orchid boutonniere

Jamie Dawn said...

Those flower photos are terrific. Your handiwork is marvelous! Your co-workers also do lovely work.
You must really have a sense of pride and accomplishment with each event.
I would be ooooing and ahhhhing all the time, but I suppose you've gotten used to seeing gorgeous flowers and arrangements.

Anonymous said...

splendid photos of flower arrangements!

Cris said...

Gorgeous arrangements! You are so talented Judy!

Shephard said...

Love the boutonniere esp. And a red wedding! How fun!
~S

Joy Des Jardins said...

Oh, how beautiful. Just gorgeous Judy. That gardenia corsage at the beginning of your post....lovely.

Anonymous said...

I had cymbidium orchids in my wedding bouquet years ago, so good to see them here again!
Gorgeous flowers here, Judy!