Thursday, August 16

Idle thoughts...

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments about the photo in a previous post. Y'all gonna' turn my head if you keep it up....lol. As my grandmother used to say...."I'm like the Irish girl....I like to hear a compliment even though it isn't true." I have no idea which Irish girl she was referring to, but someone who kissed the Blarney Stone, I think.

*********
If all our misfortunes were laid in one common heap whence everyone must take an equal portion, most people would be contented to take their own and depart. (My mother-in-law always said the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know.)

Socrates (469?-399 B.C.)

**********

A penny saved is a government oversight. How true!

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. I never learned how to do that! LOL

The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat have gotten to be really good friends. Oh, boy, is that true!

The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement. It didn't work for mr. kenju's cell phone.

He who hesitates is probably right. I learned that too late in life.

Did you ever notice: The Roman Numerals for forty (40) are " XL." Uh huh. And then we have XXL.

If you think there is good in everybody, you haven't met everybody. Well, probably Hitler didn't have any.

If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame. (usually mr. kenju)

The sole purpose of a child's middle name is so he can tell when he's really in trouble. Yep!

There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it. For example I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt. Aren't we all glad of that?

Did you ever notice: When you put the 2 words "The" and "IRS" together it spells "Theirs." I am NOT surprised!


In case you haven't caught on yet (with the email-type posts), I am and will be very busy for the next three days. If I don't get around to see you (or comment), know that I'll get there eventually.

16 comments:

Pat said...

Been catching up Judy. I usually go through my side bar and I must have inadvertantly skipped you. Silly me!

Shephard said...

Love the 1st quote esp. :) As well as your MIL's.
~S

rosemary said...

Thr Roman Numerals are so true....sadly.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

But, you know, most people would try to take less than their equal share. Which is only just, because I will take it all. I am almost dead, so what's a few more misfortunes?

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Hope things calm down for you soon.

brendalove@gmail.com said...

Hitler was a good bad guy.

Kristi said...

These are great quotes. I knew I was in for it when my mom yelled "Kristi MARIE!!!!"

-E said...

HEHE I like the list of quotes.

And I've kissed the Blarney Stone heh, so you can have that part for the saying about the Irish girl hehe.

Michele sent me, have a fantastic weekend.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

These are so good Judy...You always have the most wonderful and often funny "Sayings" and "Truths"...Hope you havr a good time these next few days....Weddings?

MsT said...

Oh, the conversation one really speaks to me (haha, pun not intended). I have learned the art of listening these past few years. Sometimes it really is what is NOT said that makes the conversation. Thanks for the moment to reflect and sorry I was so late coming from Michele's!

Bobkat said...

These quotes are fab, and more than a grain of truth in many of them! LOL!

Hope things calm down for you soon!

Pat said...

Hi Judy! Saw you over at Michele's and here I am again. Shocking really - I've just finished a post and still in my dressing gown. I'm off to the showernow. Have a lovely week-end.

Anonymous said...

Glad I got here fro Michele to read those hootable quotes!

Badabing said...

"If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame" ... So that's why my wife is always smiling!!

utenzi said...

Hi Judy. Welcome back!

I nominated you for that middle name meme that Tiff had on her blog. Have fun! I hope going back to work aftr your time off isn't too hard on you...

Tawcan said...

Hi thanks for visiting my blog. :)