has tagged me to do the "eight things you don't know about me" meme that is making the rounds. when I first saw that meme, it was six things - but I guess streaking through the web makes you magnetic and you add or multiply or something.
I cannot imagine that there are eight things I have not already talked about on my blog, and if I haven't talked about something either I can't - or won't.....LOL
1. Like Tiff, I spend inordinate amounts of time on the internet, specifically on blog reading. If you guys were not so interesting, funny and educational, I might have time to get something done around my house! Today, you took at least six hours, but I did get to the grocery and bank and PO and card shop, and I made chili for dinner. Do you eat chili when it is 85 degrees outside?
2. I used to work in the medical field, just like Tiff, and I can tolerate large amounts of blood and gore and bodily anomalies too. I used to read cancer monographs in my spare time; they are replete with all the gory photos you could ever want. I think if men who chew tobacco or dip snuff could see the photos I have seen, they would stop those disgusting habits immediately. Ick! The aftermath of mouth or throat cancer is not a pretty sight!
3. I was sixteen before I ever saw the ocean. (I consider any child who has not seen/swam in the ocean deprived). My parents didn't swim, and they didn't see it as a priority.
4. After (sort of) running away from home (at age 18), I was approached by a "modeling agent" on the street in NYC. He gave me his card and told me to call the agency for an appointment. I never did, and it has always made me wonder if he was legitimate - or if he was one of the "white slavers" my mom always talked about.
5. In college, I played so much bridge that had they offered a degree in it, I might have graduated with honors - or at least with a good class attendance record. I have not played bridge since the early 70's. I fear it is not like riding a bicycle.
6. Dental surgery is my middle name. I had a full gingevectomy (double click on the word and you will get the definition), plus at least 6 other surgeries. None of them cured my problem; hence, dental surgeons are not in my address book anymore. I'm done. Don't even mention the possibility - because I WILL run away (and take my checkbook with me!)
7. I love convertible cars. In high school and college, if you owned one, I would date you. It didn't much matter what you looked like; if you had a topless car - I was in it at least once! But I have never owned one, and the reasons (not practical, too dangerous) seem so stupid and timid to me now. Darn it, I want a convertible!! At age 66, do you think I'll ever get one?
8. I'm really dragging the bottom of the barrel now; thinking of seven things has fried my brain (and maybe the beer had something to do with that....LOL). What to say for number eight? You already know I'm a pack rat and a wedding florist. I've recently allowed myself to become gray-haired. I need to lose 15 pounds. My yard is a vast, garden-less wasteland. I have 3 children and nine grandchildren and I am addicted to blogging.
Whew. That was strenuous. Will that do?