Friday, May 6

I don't think I've ever gone two days without a post before; it feels strange.  I've been working in a shop (not the usual one) for Mother's Day. I thought the last shop I worked in was busy, but I didn't know busy until I started working for the new one. In addition to all daily work and the Mother's Day arrangements, they have six weddings this weekend! I know it is hard to keep the details straight in your mind for more than one wedding, so I can't imagine having six at one time. It is rather like a factory there!

Photos would be nice, but I hardly have the time to take any. 

The flower business is one where some designers float around working with many different shops and someone you met years ago while working at one shop may pop up later in another.  When I walked into the shop on Wednesday, I saw a woman with whom I had worked 4-5 years ago. Of course, I couldn't remember where I had met her, but as soon as she said the name of the shop, I remembered. There was a man who had given a seminar/demonstration some years ago at the wholesale florist. He didn't know me, but it was nice to see him again and watch him work. We can all learn from each other and I have noticed over the years that most florists don't mind sharing their knowledge and secrets. That makes working a whole lot nicer, don't you think?  I sure am enjoying it; if I didn't - I wouldn't be working. My body doesn't always cooperate with what I really want/need to do. I forget and pick up something too heavy, or twist while I am lifting - and then I pay the consequences for weeks. Someone needs to keep reminding me that I am not superwoman!

There will likely not be another new post for several days, so have a great Mother's Day and I'll catch up with you later.


9 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

I think you are Superwoman!

We don't celebrate Mother's Day at this time of the year in the UK but I hope you have a good one!

Grannymar said...

I envy you your energy and wonder how you do it!

srp said...

I imagine that Mother's Day is second only to Valentine's Day for flowers... or perhaps it is first....Have a good weekend yourself!

Looking to the Stars said...

Glad to hear the shop you're in is a pleasant & fun one. (fun meaning to be able to learn from your fellow workers).

I know what you mean about doing things and the body pays afterward. Its hard to remember sometimes.

take care and have a great week end

OldLady Of The Hills said...

You are amazing Judy! I know you LOVE what you do and that can be all one needs to carry you over the finisg line! SIX weddings?? My Lordy! As you said...how do they keep it all straight? LOL!

BTW: Please tell Mr. Kenju that on May 23rd on TCM they will be showing a lot of Betty's films---in honor of her Birthday, that very day....I think they start very early in the A.M. but....you could Tape them or DVR them, if he wants to see them all....!

Celia said...

That's the kind of supportive work environment I love too, and its so creative. Don't grind yourself down. I gardened two days in a row going feeling great about what I got done. Today I feel like a truck ran over me. Takes a couple of extra days to recoup at times.

Dr. Deb said...

Wishing you the same as well.

Arkansas Patti said...

Hope you have time to enjoy Mother's day yourself. I always wondered what do you get a florist on a flower holiday?
Take care and don't twist yourself into a bunch.

Dianne said...

I hope you're having fun in with all the busy
I know you're creating pretty things