Tuesday, April 12


Posts without photos are pathetic (well, not really, but I love alliteration.) Since neither of our computers will let me post anything but old, old photos from a disc - I give you another from my mother's family. This is one of her three brothers,  with his first wife and children. They are all gone now. This photo dates from the early 40's, when I was a baby. I never knew these children well, since  they were much older than I.  He eventually divorced this woman and left the police force, becoming a master electrician. He was always said to be the black sheep of the family. He gave me my first taste of beer, when I was about three - and I remember my mother saying that when she found out about it, she went ballistic. (I have loved the taste of beer since that day!)

10 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I LOVE old pictures, Judy---even of people I don't know. I'd love to see this one bigger---it looks very very interesting! Sorry you are having so much trouble with pictures---what a drag!

Looking to the Stars said...

I love old pictures also :) This is a really cool one and I had to chuckle that he gave you a sip of beer. Family, you got to love them :)

Celia said...

I like seeing everyone's old pictures. Feels almost as though staring at them could give me a clue about who they were and what their lives were like. Feel the same about abandoned houses even if my thoughts come from my imagination.

Kay Dennison said...

Finally!!!! I was able to get here. I love old photos! Thanks!

Grannymar said...

I feel your pain. I moved to WordPress because of all the difficulties that you are having right now.

I hope you can sort it soon.

Pat said...

I remember being quite angry when our French grandson was given a drink of wine from his French grandmother's glass. It wasn't the wine I objected to but the real possibility he could have bitten the glass with his newly acquired teeth.
Fortunately her sister protested and she stopped.

Arkansas Patti said...

It is funny how children like the taste of beer but adults have to acquire the taste.
I do love old pictures and the stories they bring to mind.

joared said...

Enjoy old pictures. Family black sheep are interesting. Recall one in our family who was the only one who stepped forward to provide meaningful help when another family member was having difficult times.

Lynn said...

I love old photos - I came across a wondrous cache of them recently when clearing out my parents' house (he passed away and she is in assisted living now). I'm planning a black and white photo wall. Thanks for the glimpse into your photos.

Fran aka Redondowriter said...

I hope to get around to scanning a lot of old photos this summer. Hope you get Picasa up and running soon, but i love to see the old ones.