Tuesday, November 23

Odds & Ends

No, I don't have agitation, nor does mr. kenju (at least at this moment, he doesn't.... LOL) I saw this old ad in an email and thought it was funny. Current employees of GSK will notice the former company name.

This is a corner of a fireplace surround; one I saw at the Thomas Day exhibit at NCMH. I can appreciate the quality of the carving - but would you want this sad face staring out at you every day? I surely wouldn't!

Even if your chandelier isn't as fancy as this crystal beauty, you can add a fancy bow made with glistening ribbons and spice up your dining room. This one belongs to a woman for whom I did Christmas Decor. I thought it was 2006, but she says it was 8 years ago. I guess time flies when you're having fun! She thinks it might be time to take it down and dust it off. I tend to agree.

Leaving a restaurant in a local shopping center after dinner recently, I saw this interesting and colorful sky and of course, I wanted to share it with you.

I will be working today and starting on the day after Thanksgiving, I work almost 14 straight days. Posting and visiting may be slim to none during that period. I know, I say that every year, so we will see.....
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

OH my, what a beautiful sky shot. Don't work too hard. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving. j

LL Cool Joe said...

Oh cool I thought you'd done the photo meme for one moment! :D

Don't work too hard!

Tabor said...

I must say that second photo looks like a court jester that was told by the King, he didn't get the joke!

srp said...

Are you again helping with the governors mansion? Do take care of yourself during this time as well!

amarkonmywall said...

Love the poster! Hah! And that bow idea? I'm using it. Not that I have a chandelier, mind you, but I have a fixture that hangs over the dining room table and it could use some nice little holiday cheer.

Don't work too hard as you beautify the homes of Raleigh for the holidays!

Arkansas Patti said...

Oh dear this is your busy season isn't it. We don't want you to become a cane wielding senior from all the stress.
Find time for R&R.

Tracy said...

The sky is beautiful, and the fireplace dude? Well, I certainly wouldn't want him staring at me which is probably why the old man is senile and cranky!
Don't work too hard...blessings!

David Edward said...

beautiful sky
and I do know a thing or two about SENILE AGITATION.

Celia said...

Oh that poster, I'm stealing the ribbon hanging idea too. Got some lovely Christmas ribbon I never quite knew how to use.

Sparkling Red said...

The chandelier is very pretty with its decorative ribbon. What a creative idea!

Anonymous said...

These old ads you find are priceless. I didn't know they used Thorazine way back when for senile agitation.

Pat said...

That is a lovely sky and hooray you had your camera;)