Sunday, May 30

YOU WANT WHAT FOR THAT???



While cruising the purse aisles at TJ Maxx on Friday, I honed in on one that I really liked the looks of. I don't care for purses with a lot of hardware or unnecessary ornamentation on them, and this one was just my style.

And then, I saw the price tag.....
























Yves Saint Laurent..... I nearly fainted when I saw the tag. I can always find the most expensive thing on the racks and go right to it, but THIS is ridiculous!



Up to this point, the most expensive purse I had ever seen there was $399. I wonder how long this one will hang there before someone takes it home? Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll reduce the price by about $1,100.....LOL

5 comments:

Gilly said...

I had to do some sums in my head to change that to British pounds - even if I got the maths wrong, it is still far too much money!!!

You are just paying for the name, I suppose. Doesn't seem worth it to me!

Unknown said...

Wow. I've never seen THAT price tag on anything at TJ's. I love shopping there.

You have good taste, too. I love that bag. ;-)

Joy Des Jardins said...

Gadzooks, are you sure that wasn't a mistake? I don't care WHO designed it, that's just ridiculous. Hey, isn't TJ Maxx suppose to have designer things for a LOT cheaper than the original? What the heck was it before? I go to that store for bargains....this was definitely NOT one of them! ~Joy

Star said...

I didn't know you could ring up that much at TJ Max. I have been searching for a new purse everywhere to replace the one I have carried for 5 years. The only one I like I saw online. A Kate Spade for a few hundred bucks. I just can't do it.

amarkonmywall said...

Came back for one more look at this astonishing purse photo.