Friday, October 24

Ephemera ~ Tobacciana


Click to embiggen - and see all the details. I love all these old ads. There is a signature on this one (unlike most), but I can't read it. The number 38 follows it. Can we assume that it means 1938? Or was it #38 of the prints? This kitten calls to mind the one I posted climbing on me!


So that's where the firefly's light comes from! LOL. CLick to enlarge and see the bug's faces.


There are nice colors in this one. If she's a really good tennis player, I doubt she smokes. Right?



I am working this week, through Sunday. Don't expect to see me commenting......I'll be back Monday.

11 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

Love these ads. The signature looks like 'V. Conroy' to me.

Don't work too hard!!!!!

Pat said...

A delight! The dress in the tennis one looks twenties. I specially like the top one - like Paris in the 19c. I guess 38 it wouldn't be the date.

sage said...

those sexy smoking ads--its amazing how they can make a nasty habit look so appealing

tiff said...

Riiight- tennis playing and smoking go hand-in-hand. :)

SO, this new comments feature...how's you make THAT happen?

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Oh yeah... tennis and smoking are a perfect pair! LOL.

Carolyn said...

I think they're pretty and would be nice as framed posters. ALSO, what Evil Twin's Wife said, lol!!

Bear Naked said...

Nice very nice!
Tomorrow there will be a linky to your blog from my blog.
Thanks again for sharing.


Bear((( )))

Peter said...

Gee what a surprise to see you have collected these old tins Judy!!!

Wendy said...

Loved the fireflies! Have a good weekend.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh Judy, these are WONDERFUL! The detail is really quite extraordinary in each of these....And what a funny face that Bug has....LOL!

Jamie Dawn said...

I love the ad with the fireflies!!

Here in AR, they are called lightning bugs.