Saturday, June 28

Long Ago and Far Away


My dad with two kids I don't know. I think this photo was taken in the 20's, judging from the clothing and the rear of the car.

Mom and my grandmom on the farm. Neither of them were dressed for riding, so maybe he was their favorite horse. I can't imagine why they'd be in the pasture dressed like that. This was in the 20's also.

This is me (age 5) in the snow. I looked at the photo today and tried to feel the cold. Lord knows we could use some it it here.....LOL. I don't know where I was when this was taken either, but I do remember that hat. It was knitted and had a ruff of multi-colored wool around my face. I loved it!

14 comments:

Miss Kim said...

Ooo la la.... tres chic knitted hat!!

Rue said...

Great pictures!! Weren't you the cutest thing :)

I love the hat!

rue

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Neat pics. I hate winter sooo much, so I embrace the heat. I just enjoy it NOT being winter too much. LOL.

Star said...

iy's funny what bits and pieces we remember.

Ginnie said...

I love those pictures. Your Dad, especially, was very photogenic, as were you...adorable at age 5.

Beverly said...

I LOVE the old photos. And you are so cute at five!

I hope your heat breaks soon. As hot as it is in Florida, it doesn't go much above 93 or 94.

Beverly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joy Des Jardins said...

Adorable....just like you are now...only smaller. I love your snow outfit.

brendalove@gmail.com said...

Your dad was totally hot for a 1920's dude. Quite dashing, he was.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh Judy...I LOVE these pictures! One gets such a feeling looking at them. I see the YOU we know now in that dear little girl..Truly, yoyr face is still very much the same....! What reasures, my dear.

Jamie Dawn said...

I'm such a fan of old photos. Those first two pictures look so idyllic, even though I realize life was not ideal nor easy in those days. I'm fascinated by the clothes, architecture, cars, hairstyles, etc.

You look so adorable and so happy.
That hat was so cute!!

bobbie said...

My favorite thing! Old photos! Yo are so darned cute at 5!

Anonymous said...

I love these photos, esp. the one of you! No wonder you grew into such a beauty- you were cute, cute, cute! I had a hat like that- one with rabbit fur and a rabbit fur muff, too. Not very PC today but I sure did love it then.

It's Hydrangea heaven around here.

Wendy said...

You look so happy! Isn't 5 a wonderful age? I do remember being 5, going to kindergaarten and making snow angels. Love your hat. The things that stand out in our memories. Keep cool.