Saturday, May 24

Wedding ~ May 24, 2008


The entrance to North Ridge Country Club in Raleigh. This is the third daughter for whom I have done wedding flowers in this family. The mother carefully saved the tulle and bows so I could re-use them for each bride. It would have been easier for me to start with new products, but certainly this way is less expensive for the family. I had to iron the tulle, take the bows apart and iron the ribbon and make new bows.

One of a pair of "altar" arrangements. You can see that the rented pedestal is not sitting level. That is a problem with nearly all outdoor weddings. It is so much better when the pedestals sit on a hard, level surface. When they are like this, it only takes a small breeze to topple them!

This gentleman came down to inspect the tent as I was finishing up, and I asked if I could take a picture of his boutonniere. He professed to be camera-shy, and so he averted his face. Such a nice looking man has no need to be camera-shy, does he? I think he is the father of the bride, but as he didn't identify himself and I don't remember him - we will never know.

This was on the table where the guest book would be. The largest rose is known as Black Magic and the two smaller ones are Charlotte and Opium.

A close-up of one of the ceremony arrangements. I had to lighten it a bit, since photos under the tent are always darker than we'd like.

I didn't get any other photos today. The bride and her attendants had not finished dressing when I delivered the bouquets. They were clusters of all three varieties of red roses used in the wedding.

14 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Very beautiful flowers. I especially like that Black Magic rose.

Anna said...

Lovely flowers Judy. I am posting some wedding pics tomorrow!

Changes in the wind said...

So very pretty.....great colors.

Granny Annie said...

Beautiful as always! The gentleman looks a bit like an undertaker.

Bear Naked said...

That Black Magic rose in the arrangement for the guest book table is magnificent.
Thank you for all the photos.

Anonymous said...

How gorgeous! Sure hope you're willing to travel to Louisiana in 15-20 years and do Miss Priss's flowers!!! ;)

The Black Magic bouquet for the table is simply breathtaking. I'm going back to look at it again!!!

Dianne said...

The Black Magic is stunning! And that gentleman is very handsome :)

Wonderful, creative, amazing work you do kenju.

If ligtening ever strikes and the world turns on its axis and I somehow get married again I will ask you to please decorate everything for me. ;)

poopie said...

Beautiful work girl! I'm still counting on you to do mine if I ever get hitched :)

Pat said...

Those scarlet arrangements are to die for. I think my favourite so far. I sympathise with you over the mother's parsimony. When you think of what the whole thing must have cost it seems a bit penny pinching - but I guess we all do it from time to time.
Killed two birds with one stone - here from Michele's

Traci Dolan said...

Ah, how lovely!!! And its okay if you've lost track of me, I have lost track of you also, but, have thought of you and Mr. Kenju and hope he is recovering. It sounds like he is still making progress since the stroke. The photo of your granddaughters was precious and I hope to get Nate into the theater. I think it would be so good for him to have that creative outlet.

As for Miss Kenju getting married... wellllll... I'm sure if she's as lovely as you, she won't have a problem when the time is right. My baby will be 12 this year and he still sits on my lap... at 90 pounds, so... be careful there! LOL!

I think of you often and am always wishing you the best.

Carletta said...

Such beautiful flowers - your customers must be so grateful for the work you do!

Thanks for visiting me and my Camera Critter bird today.

Andi said...

Beautiful. I painstakingly reuse my floral supplies around the house all the time....because I try to be thrifty. I have given my husband Black Magic roses....he wanted to photograph Black Bacarra roses (he is an artist)....the florist MESSED UP but the roses were beautiful so I still paid full-price for them.

Shephard said...

Love the black magic rose. :)
~S

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers!