Here is a list of faux pas she discussed. We have all experienced a few of these, I am sure!
1. Chewing and popping gum in a business or a professional setting.
2. Continuing a personal conversation wih a colleague when approached by a client/customer.
3. Having soft-drink cans and snack wrappers in view of customers.
4. Responding to a request with "I don't know." Even if the information is unknown to you, the correct response is "Just a moment, please, and I'll get that information for you."
The printed handout concluded with this list of irrating things. Which of them bugs you the most?
1. Listening to a diner blow his nose at the table.
2. Enduring another's personal cell phone call.
3. Experiencing uncertainty about who is paying for a meal.
4. Sitting near a person who is smoking.
5. Watching a person "double-dip" at a reception.
6. Having a dinner partner who chews with his mouth open.
7. Realizing that someone doesn't remember your name, just after you've been introduced.
8. Seeing a driver use a cell phone while driving.
9. I added: a driver who plays his radio/CD so loudly that the bass rattles in your chest when you stop for a signal light.
Do you have any pet peeves to add to this list?