I got this email yesterday from Pat at PastImperfect :
"I've given you an award over at my site. If you like it you can pass it on to 5 others you think deserve it.”
It is the Blogger Reflection Award . According to the blurb, “This award should make an individual reflect upon five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and who have provided a Godly example. In other words, five dear bloggers whom, when you reflect upon them, you are filled with a sense of pride and joy...of knowing them and being blessed by them."
I am honored to be selected for this, though I doubt I fill all those requirements!
Here are my five (plus one):
1. Naomi, of Here in the Hills, whom I hope to someday meet. I'd love to see her beautiful garden and hear her wonderful tales of Hollywood in person. I'd like to bring her flowers from me and share a cake from one of those incredible bakers she knows about and take pics all afternoon, and then share a Cobb salad for dinner, while reflecting on all her art works. It would be such fun!
2. Gene, otherwise known as OldHorsetailSnake who has been through a lot since I first started reading him, and has never lost his sense of humor. On those rare days when he permits a glimpse of the real Hoss, he reveals a warm and loving spirit, despite his daily persona. He's someone I'd like to meet as well.
3. Roxanne, or SRP, of Melange. Her photos and commentary never fail to make us stop and reflect on life, and reminds us to be thankful for whatever it brings. Her current series on the big move to a lovely new home is most interesting, as are all her photo posts. I also hope to meet her someday (and Max and all the kitties).
4. Anna, of Annapics. I have known her family since before she was born. Beside being an excellent photographer who sees things we might not otherwise notice, she is a warm, loving and giving person. She is a good wife, a good mother and a very good daughter. I am proud to call her friend.
5. Carmi, of Writteninc. What can I say about Carmi? He is a wonderful and intelligent writer, an excellent husband and father and photographer extraordinaire. He makes us think, and like Anna, he sees things we might not notice without him to point them out. He's thoughtful and he writes the most incredibly astute comments about the most mundane things. I'd love to meet him, Morah Mommy and their children.
Honorable Mention: Shephard, of Shubert Alley, who never fails to delight in some way, whether it is with photos of his incredibly cute cats or beautiful houses or the series, Medicine Monday. He is wise beyond his years. You owe it to yourself to meet Shephard on his blog (I also hope to meet him in person! He'd be the perfect tour guide for a trip to California!)
Many of you are already familiar with my choices, so I don't really have to explain why I selected them. I will say they all provide ongoing humor, beauty of spirit and an honest reflection of life's gifts. All of them are excellent photographers and writers.
Rest assured, I could easily name 10 or 15 more. If I left you out, it was only because I was limited to a small number. Now here are the instructions for the five (plus Shephard) whom I have awarded:
1. Copy this bit of the post.
2. Reflect on five bloggers and write a least a paragraph about each one.